Blood is collected in the blue top or gold top tubes provided in the test kit and should be stored at room temperature until shipped. Specimen should not be frozen, spun or refrigerated. The laboratory will determine if the cells viability is within specifications for testing.
Articles in this section
- What information needs to go on each test tube?
- Where do I find specimen collection instructions?
- How do I know how many tubes to draw?
- Do I need to fill each tube to capacity?
- How soon after drawing blood do I need to ship the test kit?
- May I use a drop box for return shipment of blood collection kits in a drop box?
- What are the medication restrictions for the Alcat Test?
- Is there any special handling for the blood sample?
- Do I need to fast before this test?